- Design Essentials Natural Daily Moisturizing Lotion - I knew nothing of this brand before I found it on the shelf at Sally's. I needed a moisturizer that I could use on my son's mini-fro and on my long, natural hair. I didn't want it to be oily or greasy and it had to be safe for my five year old. This stuff is not cheap, but it performs, and it smells like heaven. I might check out their deep conditioner.
- Essie Nail Polish Laquer in Lapis of Luxury- I saw this color on a girl who was working at a bouncy house I took my son to. I complimented her on the color and she told me who it was by. I left there and went straight to Walgreens for it. In my opinion, it's a perfect year-round color.
- The House Girl: A Novel - I'm halfway through this book and it's not like anything I've ever read. The stories of two black women--a slave and a high-powered attorney on the partner track--are juxtaposed one against the other, flowing back and forth in time between them (think the film, Sliding Doors with Gwenyth Paltrow). One is literally a slave, the other is ironically "enslaved" by the career path she's chosen. When I finally finish this novel, I will review it. Just know that I like! This book made this list because the cover is so pretty!
- HOBO International Lauren Vintage Clutch - I must have blogged about this clutch before. I have had it for many years, I use it every day as my wallet. It's awesomesauce. It's huge, but fits inside all my bags and when I want to pretend to be sophisticated, I carry it as a clutch.
- Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara - This is my favorite mascara. One swipe and my lashes literally grown in front of my eyes. My lashes are like falsies, like baby doll lashes. I don't wear it everyday, because I'm a stay at home mom and I want to save it for when I actually have to be at social events or around people--I want to make every blink count!
P.S. Thanks for reading my blog! Please like this post below and share it with your Internet friends. Subscribe to receive Home Girl Blog posts and big announcements via email. Click here.