This was an awesome weekend for me because:
- Billy fired up the grill and the smoker. The SKILLS y'all, the SKILLS!
- Summer's afraid of dogs, but was all up in my spot with my girls Okie & Stella. Yay!
- Her little boy, who just turned two and has never met 80 pound dogs before, met Okie & Stella for the first time, and was lovin' on them in no time.
- My mom and Aunt drove down from Memphis for our (what has apparently become "annual") July 4th BBQ,
- Which was great this year. About 30 guests came over...in spite of the rainstorm. The album is up, so you can view pictures HERE.
- My house was full of people and kids and babies and Okie & Stella were lovin' it. It was awesome hearing the babies say, "Hi Doggy", "Hello Doggy", "Bye Doggies". When he was there, Summer's little boy rubbed noses with Okie and dubbed her "Okie Snokie". Y'all know I was eatin' up these little kids lovin' on my dogs, right?
- And did I mention my mom was here? I had her for 5 days...I SO wasn't ready for her to leave, but what's new?
Needless to say, it was all tiring. All week long I've been looking forward to sleeping in this morning. I'm off to put some coffee on and to do a little reading before cleaning the house. Hope everyone's having a great weekend!
P.S. Thanks for reading my blog! If you don't want to miss the next post, click here to subscribe.