- Returned the outfit I ordered to wear to Summer's Party For The Grown & Sexy this weekend. Billy and I loved the outfit, but I was in need of some therapeutic shopping. So rather than get a refund, I looked through the catalog and filled out the exchange form for a casual top and some really cool accessories. I missed the party because in my current condition of sickness, I cannot travel out of town and had to follow my doctors orders to stay home.
- Stayed in bed and listened to talk radio until 2 o'clock in the afternoon. Partly out of depression for being sick and missing my friend's party, and partly because I was enjoying listening to tips about landscaping and organic gardening.
- Started transcribing Thanksgiving recipes to send to my friend in Houston. She spent T-day with us a few years back and recently asked for my recipes. Said it was the best Thanksgiving dinner she'd had (she's Kenyan). I boned a turkey, hammered it flat,layered a sausage and vegetable mix on top, rolled it up into a huge turkey sausage roll and roasted it. It was yum. I'm also working on my mom's dressing and red velvet cake recipes.
- Watched the Good Times marathon on TVOne all day long. The one with James' funeral came on, so I got to see (for the gazillionth time) Florida drop that crystal punch bowl and say, "Damn! Damn! Damn!" That was cool.
- Watched Beauty Shop on PPV.
- Made my grocery list.
- Wished I had a time machine to warp me into 5 weeks from now when I'll be not-sick and in ATL partying with my girls.
P.S. Thanks for reading my blog! Please like this post below and share it with your Internet friends. Subscribe to receive Home Girl Blog posts and big announcements via email. Click here.