- Returned the outfit I ordered to wear to Summer's Party For The Grown & Sexy this weekend. Billy and I loved the outfit, but I was in need of some therapeutic shopping. So rather than get a refund, I looked through the catalog and filled out the exchange form for a casual top and some really cool accessories. I missed the party because in my current condition of sickness, I cannot travel out of town and had to follow my doctors orders to stay home.
- Stayed in bed and listened to talk radio until 2 o'clock in the afternoon. Partly out of depression for being sick and missing my friend's party, and partly because I was enjoying listening to tips about landscaping and organic gardening.
- Started transcribing Thanksgiving recipes to send to my friend in Houston. She spent T-day with us a few years back and recently asked for my recipes. Said it was the best Thanksgiving dinner she'd had (she's Kenyan). I boned a turkey, hammered it flat,layered a sausage and vegetable mix on top, rolled it up into a huge turkey sausage roll and roasted it. It was yum. I'm also working on my mom's dressing and red velvet cake recipes.
- Watched the Good Times marathon on TVOne all day long. The one with James' funeral came on, so I got to see (for the gazillionth time) Florida drop that crystal punch bowl and say, "Damn! Damn! Damn!" That was cool.
- Watched Beauty Shop on PPV.
- Made my grocery list.
- Wished I had a time machine to warp me into 5 weeks from now when I'll be not-sick and in ATL partying with my girls.
P.S. Thanks for reading my blog! If you don't want to miss the next post, click here to subscribe.