Everything I ever wanted to be "when I grow up"
1. Marine Biologist - As a kid, I was always interested in sea life...dolphins, seahorses, wales. I would read as much as I could about the sea, and lived to watch those nature shows. I'm still intrigued by the sea.
2. Astronomer - I also have a never-ending fascination with the stars and planets. The mystery, you know? Of, like, why there are so many stars and planets and why they're so inaccessible to us. Like, what's out there and what does it mean, you know?
3. Dancer - Ballerina (Positive it had something to do with watching Fame.)
4. Artist - I was a natural. I'm not sure why I stopped, but I'm itching to express myself again these days.
5. Model - I worshiped magazines and wanted to be in them.
6. Staff writer for a really cool magazine
8. Flight Attendant (I exceeded the height limit. I was already 6 ft. tall at 18.)
9. Public Traffic Safety Attendant (You know those people who map out accidents before the police get there? I was actually going to go through the training program with my cousin, Cheronda. I don't know what we were thinking.)
11. Advertising Exec.
12. Personal shopper (or Mystery shopper)
And speaking of Cosmetology...
I studied Psychology and Marketing in school, but I really love the idea of being a Cosmetologist. Summer told me that she'd heard someone say you should do for a living what you would do for free, and Cosmetology is SO that for me. That was, like, my identity in college. So I'm trying to decide how I'm going to fit Cosmetology into my life. I did braids in college...and eyebrows. Those were my favorite things to do...and makeup of course.
The hair and makeup artist, Betty (short for Bethlehem, apparently a very popular Ethiopian name...as is Jerusalem), at my friend's wedding, this past weekend (which I still plan to post about, but must take time to go through the pictures and come down off the high) told me that she studied Economics in college and works in her field, and does hair and makeup for weddings on the weekends. She said she really wanted to do both, so she went to cosmetology school and found a way. Betty is SO my inspiration.
See 1-56 HERE.